Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blog 28

Using the criteria below, write an evaluation of your research project.  You can earn 25 points extra credit if your assessment of your work matches mine.  Discuss why you data is worth this many points.  Why did you take points off.  

Essay: 100 points
Data + analysis: 300 points - on the blog, postings of what your analysis and data are.
Writing process: 100 points-brainstorming

Data and Analysis Blog Posts: 

    Data: list blog posts, discuss completeness, quality: Blog 22Blog 21
    Analysis: completeness, logical,  Same as writing process blogs
Writing Process and rough drafts Blog Posts: Blog 27, Blog 26Blog 25Blog 24Blog 23Blog 20Blog 19
      All parts, research plan, focus, evaluate quality of your your revision, writing about writing components, planning for how you are doing your paper, 

Data + analysis: 295.  I feel that I posted all my data and analysis.  Although it was not on my topic, some parts were and I got some good information out of things I posted.   I felt that the loss of 5 points would account for lack of description of what the observations told about my focus (at the time of posting, I did not come the final focus).  I also did not describe how these findings did not connect with why I was observing.

Writing Process: 95.  I felt I did an excellent job at posting my revisions and showing my writing process. I felt the loss of 5 points would account for the lack of written posts about why I made the changes I did and how they relate to my overall focus. 

For essay: 
Focus-30: I will give myself a 27 because I did state my focus and i believe it is clear but I could have included more about what the paper is about.  Also, I added some features about an effective teacher wich i do not think goes with my focus. 
Audience / genre-25: I will give myself a 21 because I am not sure I wrote to correct audience.  I am also unsure that this paper will not make sense to who ever will read it. 
Organization-20: I will give myself a 19 because I did the categories and sub categories   I gave myself the loss of one point because it may be hard to follow. 
Development-20: I will give myself a 19 because I feel like I developed my points well and gave many examples.  I gave myself the loss of one point because I felt my points could have been better backed up. 
Correctness- 5:  I will give myself a 4 because I am pretty sure all of my sentences are correctly stated but the one point will make up for it if some of the sentences are not grammatically correct. 

Essay: 90
Data and Analysis: 295
Writing Process: 95

Total: 480/500

No comments:

Post a Comment